Call us for assistance 0403 638 305 – Whats App +61 401 406 102

Different Visas for Australia

Whether for a short adventure or an extended life experience, Australia is a sought-after destination for many travelers. If you’re considering visiting this beautiful country, it’s essential to choose the right type of visa based on your objectives.

Among the popular options are the Tourist Visa, the Working Holiday Visa, and the Student Visa. These visas offer various opportunities and benefits. For those looking to stay longer, options like the Sponsor Visa and the Partner Visa can be considered.

Tourist Visa

To visit Australia, you have several options for tourist visas depending on the duration and purpose of your stay. The three main types of tourist visas are the eVisitor (subclass 651), the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) (subclass 601), and the Tourism Stream (Visitor Visa, subclass 600).

eVistor (subclass 651)

The eVisitor (subclass 651) is a free electronic visa. It allows you to travel to Australia as often as you wish within a 12-month period. You can stay for up to 3 months each time you enter Australia.

This visa is ideal for holidays, visiting family or friends, conducting business visitor activities under certain conditions, and studying or training for a maximum of three months, also under certain conditions.

The application process is done online, making it simple and fast. To be eligible, you need to have a valid French passport and be outside Australia.

Electronic Travel Authority (Subclass 601)

The Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) (subclass 601) is similar to the eVisitor. It is for travelers who prefer an even faster process and often enter and exit Australia.

The ETA is usually approved within minutes. It allows staying in Australia for up to three months per entry, with a total validity of twelve months.

The application is made through a specific mobile application. There is a slight processing fee!

Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)

The Visitor Visa offers more flexibility for those wishing to stay in Australia from three to twelve months.

To obtain this visa, several conditions are required. You must have a valid passport and be outside Australia. You must justify the reasons for your visit, without the intention to work. It is also necessary to prove that you have sufficient funds to finance your stay. Although not mandatory, it is highly recommended to take out health insurance for the duration of the stay.

There is also another visa where you can apply only from Australia!

Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417)

Why choose the Working Holiday Visa ?

The Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417) is an ideal option for young travelers wishing to combine holidays and work. You must be between 18 and 35 years old for French and Canadian citizens or 18 and 30 years old for Belgians, among others. This visa allows staying in Australia for up to one year. It is possible to extend it for up to two additional years under certain conditions.

Subclass 417 or 462?

Don’t make a mistake when applying! There is also a Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462). Depending on the nationality stated on your passport, you will be eligible for either the Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417) or the Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462). French, Belgian, and Canadian nationals must apply for a Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417).

Student Visa (Subclass 500)

What is the Student Visa ?

The Student Visa (subclass 500) is perfect for those wishing to pursue their studies in Australia. This visa allows international students to enroll in Australian educational institutions, whether universities, colleges, or language schools. You can stay in Australia for up to 5 years depending on your studies.

In addition to allowing studies, the Student Visa also offers the opportunity to work part-time during study periods and full-time during school holidays. It’s a unique opportunity to benefit from quality education while gaining local work experience.

What are the conditions ?

To obtain a student visa in Australia, it is necessary to be accepted into a full-time study program. You must also have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) or belong to a recognized exemption category. Finally, it is essential to prove that you have sufficient financial resources to cover tuition, travel, and living expenses.

For more information on the Student Visa, check out a comprehensive article on the subject. If you’re looking for qualified and professional education agents to help you find the right study plan, a visit this student visa agency !

And to fully enjoy your visa in Australia ?

Whether you’re arriving in Australia for a short tourist stay or an extended period, having a vehicle allows you to fully enjoy your adventure. At Vanz Travel, we offer a wide range of camper vans for your travels.

Imagine yourself exploring the Great Ocean Road, camping near the pristine beaches of the East Coast, or crossing the Australian Outback. With one of our vans, you have the freedom to choose your itinerary, stay as long as you want in each place, and travel without the constraints of fixed accommodations.

Our services are not limited to van rental. We are committed to making your experience in Australia unforgettable. We offer comprehensive assistance, advice on the best routes and must-see sites, and support if needed throughout your journey. Plus, our special offers allow you to find a solution that fits your budget, whether you’re traveling solo, as a couple, or with family.

Contact us today to learn more! And enjoy your stay in Australia!

Article written by Manon from