We respect your privacy and only use your data where this is needed for the operation of our business and completion of your booking.
We do not sell or share your data with third parties, although we use third party services that may process your data, this data is and remains property of Vanz Travel. Proper agreements are in place to make certain this data is not shared.
We use tracking cookies to optimise our business and get a better insight in user behaviour. We believe that by collecting this data we can provide you with a better service.
This Privacy Statement applies to Vanz Travels and describes how Vanz Travel collects and uses the information, which may include personal data, you provide on our website www.vanztravel.com
The service provided through our website to you are owned, operated and provided by Vanz Travel and are provided for your use, subject to our terms and conditions.
“Vanz Travel”, “us”, “we” or “our” means Dream Ideas Pty Ltd as a registered business incorporated under the laws of Australia. “Platform” means the (mobile) website and on which campervan rentals and tours that are made available for booking. “Product(s)” means the various campervans or tours booked by you from the operator. “Operator(s)” means the various companies we partner with whose products are made available on our platform. “Booking(s)” means the order, purchase, payment or booking of a product by you made available by us.
1. Personal data you give us
We collect and use information which you provide to us. When you make an inquiry or make a booking, you are asked for your name, phone number and email address and payment information (required for booking only).
2. Personal data we collect
Even if you do or do not end up making a booking, when you visit our website, we collect certain information. This information includes your IP address, the date and time you accessed our website, the hardware, software or internet browser you use and where you are searching our website from. We also collect information about clicks and which pages have been shown to you including session times.
3. Why we collect your data
We use the information collected about you for various purposes. Your personal data may be used in the following ways:
- Bookings: First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your booking. This includes sending you communications in relation to your booking such as confirmations, amendments and reminders.
- We also use your relevant details, such as booking information that our staff use to respond when you need us – including helping you and responding to any questions you might have about your booking (or any other queries).
- Marketing activities: We use your information for marketing activities. These activities include:
Using your contact information to send you travel related products and services. You can unsubscribe from our email marketing communications at any time.
Communicating with you: There may be other times when we get in touch, including by email, by phone or by texting you – which method we choose depends on your preference or by the contact information you have previously shared with us. And we process the communications you send to us. There could several reasons for this, including:
- Responding to, and handling of, any requests the operator you made.
- If you have not finalized a booking, we can contact you with a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service benefits you as it allows us to answer any unanswered questions you may have to allow you to carry on with the booking.
- Improving our services: We also use personal data for analytical purposes. This is part of our drive to improve our services and enhance the user experience, but can also be used for testing purposes, troubleshooting and to improve the functionality and quality of our services to you. The main goal here is to optimise and customise our online platform to your needs, making our website easier and more enjoyable to use.
- Guest reviews: After your trip, you may be invited to submit a review about our service to you, the product you booked through us directly, and may be asked for this review either to be posted on our webpage or on Google review.
- Providing your personal data to Vanz Travel is voluntary. However, depending on the type of service you may want to use, we may only be able to provide you with this service if certain personal data is collected. For instance, we cannot make a booking if we do not collect your name and contact details.
4. How do we share your personal data with third parties
In certain circumstances, we’ll share your personal data with third parties.
- The operator you booked: In order to complete your booking, we send relevant booking details to the operator regarding the product you have booked. This includes your name and contact details, any preferences or other information you specified when you made your booking. If you have a query about your booking, we may contact the operator and try to resolve the query or ask them to handle your request. In cases of disputes or cancellations, we may provide the operator with information about the booking process as needed to handle the situation. This may include a copy of your reservation confirmation as proof that a booking was made.
- Third-party service providers: We use service providers, which are not part of Vanz Travel, to support us in providing services. These service providers provide support services such as:
- Market research.
- Fraud detection and prevention services, including anti fraud screening service.
- Payment services. We use third parties to process payments, handle chargebacks or provide billing collection services.
- Marketing services. We share personal data with marketing services including your email address, as part of marketing our services via third party applications. All service providers are required to continue to adequately safeguard your personal data
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud or if we are otherwise legally obliged to do so. We may need to further disclose personal data to competent authorities to protect and defend our rights or properties, or the rights and properties of our business partners.
5. What security do we put in place
We observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access to, and the misuse of, personal data.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect your personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
We will retain your personal data for as long as we deem it necessary to enable you to use our services, to provide our services to you, to comply with applicable laws, resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business, including to detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activities. All personal data we retain will be subject to this Privacy Statement.
6. Cookie statement
Whenever you use our online services, including our applications, cookies and other tracking technologies can be used in various ways, such as making our website work, to analyse traffic, or for advertisement purposes. These technologies are either used by us directly, or by our business partners, including third party service providers and advertisers we work with.